A Website for Golden High School parents and teachers.
- PTA Meetings: 2nd Tuesday of most months
- 5:30pm GHS Office – Room 212
- Next meeting is Tuesday, October 09, 2018
All PTA and interested in PTA are welcome.
The PTA Reflections program is at Golden High School this year! Reflections welcomes students of all grades and all abilities to explore their inner artist. Students may explore one or all of four arts disciplines including: Literature, Music Composition, Photography, and Visual Arts.
This year’s Reflections program theme is Heroes Around Me. Tell your story through a poem or story, an original song, a photo, or visual work of art. Pick up entry forms in the classrooms of Mr. Miller (art) and Ms. Lacy (photography). The deadline to submit entries is Monday, October 15th.
You can also find information and submission rules online. The Reflections websites are packed with information and should offer answers to most of your questions. Read carefully! Entries MUST be submitted properly and cannot be judged if submission guidelines are not followed. There are very specific requirements for each art area.
General info: http://www.jcpta.org/programs/reflections/
Student forms and submission rules and info: http://www.jcpta.org/programs/reflections/reflections-students/
We know we have lots of talented, creative students here at GHS! We encourage you to participate in this wonderful program.
If your questions are not answered on the websites, please contact:
- Michelle Trader: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathy Fisher: Kathy@katfishdesign.net
- Suzanne Ninke: Ninkes@yahoo.com
This month’s GHS PTA Newsletter is here
Our GHS PTA Newsletter archive is here. You can also select the Newsletter menu option at the top of any of our pages on this site.
LOOK WHAT PTA HAS ACCOMPLISHED . . .
Unicef Club makes a great chili
One of our FACS teams
Enviro Club with a great chili
Boys Baseball team joins in
NHS makes a great chili
Best Auction ever!
Jazz Band entertains
Bidding was fast and furious
Best Attendance Yet
Spencer White performs
Golden High School has an active Parent Teacher Association (PTA). The group supports the students and staff of our school both financially and with volunteers. We ask that parents join us to make this a great school year for our students and staff: Please contact any of our officers with questions or suggestions.
Below are Volunteer Opportunities within our PTA:
- Hospitality – Provide food for Parent/Teacher Conferences, Holiday treats, Staff Appreciation
- Clinic – Assist in Vision and Hearing Screening during October
- PTA Scholarships – Help review essays and award scholarships to participating seniors.
- Chili Cook Off and Silent Auction – our one big fundraiser of the year and a night of fun and community spirit.
- Dances – need parent volunteers to help with Sadie’s and other dances held by Student Council.
- After Prom Volunteers – Volunteers to help chair activities, bring food, etc.
We are able to do these activities from Membership Dues, Donations, and Volunteers from parents and community Members! Help us help our students by joining PTA today! Consider making a donation to PTA to keep these programs alive. Click here to email us.