A Website for Golden High School parents and teachers.
- PTA Meetings: 2nd Tuesday of most months
- 5:30pm GHS Office – Room 212
- Next meeting is Tuesday, March 13, 2018
All PTA and interested in PTA are welcome.
2018 PTA Scholarships
Based on quality, Golden High School PTA will award up to five $1,000 scholarships to the graduating Class of 2018 students who are in “good standing” and are PTA members or have a parent/family membership. (If unclear, the counseling office will have a listing of current PTA memberships.) To apply, please complete the following application and essay by Friday, April 6, 2018.
6th Annual Chili Cook Off & Silent Auction (FLYER)
Date of event: February 22, 2018 6 to 8:30 pm
Tickets are $10 at the door!
The GHS Annual Chili Cookoff and Silent Auction is PTA’s largest fundraiser of the year! This exciting community event has grown steadily over the past 5 years thanks to the efforts of many volunteers and donors.
The success of the Silent Auction depends on all the wonderful items our community donates. In past years these have included event tickets, vacations, art, sports memorabilia, jewelry, and so much more!
Don’t cook? Bring your family for all-you-can-eat chili (mac-n-cheese for the non-chili eaters), and dessert.
This month’s GHS PTA Newsletter is here
Our GHS PTA Newsletter archive is here. You can also select the Newsletter menu option at the top of any of our pages on this site.
LOOK WHAT PTA HAS ACCOMPLISHED . . .
Unicef Club makes a great chili
One of our FACS teams
Enviro Club with a great chili
Boys Baseball team joins in
NHS makes a great chili
Best Auction ever!
Jazz Band entertains
Bidding was fast and furious
Best Attendance Yet
Spencer White performs
Golden High School has an active Parent Teacher Association (PTA). The group supports the students and staff of our school both financially and with volunteers. We ask that parents join us to make this a great school year for our students and staff: Please contact any of our officers with questions or suggestions.
Below are Volunteer Opportunities within our PTA:
- Membership – Directory, membership reporting
- Hospitality – Provide food for Parent/Teacher Conferences, Holiday treats, Staff Appreciation
- Reflections – Need volunteers to accept submissions, provide food for reception in Nov, or preparation of Open House at Red Rocks Comm. College.
- Clinic – Assist in Vision and Hearing Screening during October
- PTA Scholarships – Help review essays and award scholarships to participating seniors.
- Chili Cook Off and Silent Auction – our one big fundraiser of the year and a night of fun and community spirit.
- Dances – need parent volunteers to help with Sadie’s and other dances held by Student Council.
- Misc. Volunteers – need parents who can help with individual projects not listed above that only require 1 – 3 hours of volunteer time.
- After Prom Volunteers – Volunteers to help chair activities, bring food, etc.
We are able to do these activities from Membership Dues, Donations, and Volunteers from parents and community Members! Help us help our students by joining PTA today! Consider making a donation to PTA to keep these programs alive. Click here to email us.