A Website for Golden High School parents and teachers.
- PTA Meetings: 2nd Tuesday of most months
- 5:30pm GHS Office – Room 212
- Next meeting is Tuesday, May 08, 2018
All PTA and interested in PTA are welcome.
Golden High School Community Bike Swap
Saturday, May 5th 11am-2pm Buy or Sell your bike or gear! Want to sell – It’s Easy
Register with us at email@example.com ~ $1 suggested admission donation.
Event benefits the Golden High School Mountain Bike Team
After Prom 2018 – for Juniors and Seniors and their Registered Guests
The GHS PTA and the local community is proud to host a FREE After Prom Party. Prom attendance is optional, so plan on coming either way!
The night includes a casino, live music, food, prizes, cash giveaways, $500 scholarships for Seniors, parking passes for Juniors, games and activities!
There are over 200 volunteer and food donation slots to assist both before, during, and after, so please sign up via Sign Up Genius:
Special thanks to our top donors: Golden Civic Foundation, City of Golden, Golden Elks Club, Golden Lions Club, and Golden Software.
If you have any questions, please contact Amy White at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kristi Brunel at email@example.com
Community Wellness Fair ~ Free to all! April 28, 2018 9:45 AM – 3:00 PM
A Family-Focused day of Education and Fun! See the attached flyer for schedule of events.
Click on the link above and nominate a Teacher today!
Golden Schools Foundation is holding the 7th annual Golden Teacher Recognition Awards to reward and encourage excellence in teaching at our articulation schools. These Golden schools include; Mitchell, Kyffin, Shelton, Ralston, and Welchester Elementary, Bell Middle, and Golden High School.
The two winning teachers will be awarded $1,000 each to be spent in their classroom for supplies, a crystal apple, and recognition at their school. They will also be acknowledged in local press/newspapers among the Golden community. Winning teachers will also be featured on our website showcase of winners.
This month’s GHS PTA Newsletter is here
Our GHS PTA Newsletter archive is here. You can also select the Newsletter menu option at the top of any of our pages on this site.
LOOK WHAT PTA HAS ACCOMPLISHED . . .
Unicef Club makes a great chili
One of our FACS teams
Enviro Club with a great chili
Boys Baseball team joins in
NHS makes a great chili
Best Auction ever!
Jazz Band entertains
Bidding was fast and furious
Best Attendance Yet
Spencer White performs
Golden High School has an active Parent Teacher Association (PTA). The group supports the students and staff of our school both financially and with volunteers. We ask that parents join us to make this a great school year for our students and staff: Please contact any of our officers with questions or suggestions.
Below are Volunteer Opportunities within our PTA:
- Membership – Directory, membership reporting
- Hospitality – Provide food for Parent/Teacher Conferences, Holiday treats, Staff Appreciation
- Reflections – Need volunteers to accept submissions, provide food for reception in Nov, or preparation of Open House at Red Rocks Comm. College.
- Clinic – Assist in Vision and Hearing Screening during October
- PTA Scholarships – Help review essays and award scholarships to participating seniors.
- Chili Cook Off and Silent Auction – our one big fundraiser of the year and a night of fun and community spirit.
- Dances – need parent volunteers to help with Sadie’s and other dances held by Student Council.
- Misc. Volunteers – need parents who can help with individual projects not listed above that only require 1 – 3 hours of volunteer time.
- After Prom Volunteers – Volunteers to help chair activities, bring food, etc.
We are able to do these activities from Membership Dues, Donations, and Volunteers from parents and community Members! Help us help our students by joining PTA today! Consider making a donation to PTA to keep these programs alive. Click here to email us.